Monarch Dunes Academy
Jim Delaby, PGA Director of Instruction
Prior to coming to the Central Coast, Jim, a two time PGA Northern Chapter Teacher of the Year and Fitter of the Year, was the Head Golf and Teaching Professional at La Purisma Golf Course from 1990 to 1996. From 1996 to 2000, Jim acted as Director of Instruction for the Teacher Certification Program at the Professional Golfers Career College. He then ran the Cypress Ridge Golf Academy from 2000-2006. With the help of Avila and Blacklake Golf Courses from 2006 to 2009, Jim co-created and ran the popular Golf C.A.R.E. Program. And has been involved in developing and then running the Monarch Dunes Golf Academy ever since then. Not only does Jim work with all levels of golfers from juniors to seniors, and beginners to advanced, he also has been involved in helping many other golf teachers’ hone in their skills. His seminars for golf teachers include Club Fitting, Wally Armstrong Certification, and teaching and certifying instructors for The LEARN GOLF! Program held at Monarch Dunes.
Jim: 805.478.5723 email@example.com
Since graduating from Nebraska Wesleyan University in 2014, Rory Doll has committed himself to pursuing a professional playing career while simultaneously working to inspire excellence in his students. Rory Doll is a young decorated professional who is certified in biomechanics of the golf swing and a certified Titleist club fitter. He has studied the golf swing and the mental side of golf under some of golf’s top instructors. In 2014, Rory qualified for the sectional stage of the U.S. Open where he competed against top players in the world and defeating notables such as David Duval and Ben Crane among others. Rory was a 2014 NCAA All-American and 2-time NCAA All-Region. In 2014 Rory was also recognized as the Hauff-Mid America Player of the Year. In his 4 years as a collegiate golfer, Rory set 7 school records. Rory was also a 4-time First Team All-Conference selection while earning over 10 GPAC Player of the Week Honors.
CLICK HERE for more information
Rory: 805.748.4094 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Schimandle began repairing and building custom clubs in 1975 shortly before turning professional in 1976. After three years of playing professionally, Dave focused his golf career toward teaching, club fitting, and repair. Since then, club making has evolved from steel shafts and wooden heads to high tech materials such as high modulus graphite and titanium while club fitting and teaching now utilize launch monitors to eliminate guesswork. These new technologies have enabled Dave to become a SOPHISTICATED CLUB FITTER AND INSTRUCTOR. Even though Dave has studied and broken down the mechanics of the golf swing into all of its nuances and pieces/parts, he doesn't like to teach them. He feels the golf swing is currently being over-taught, leading many players to "paralysis through analysis". Whether teaching beginners or touring pros, Dave's lessons primarily consist of the basics of the golf swing. Dave likes to say, "Little changes make big things happen”. Having stayed up to date with the evolution of equipment, playability factors of the equipment, and swing theories, Dave has become an expert CLUB FITTER and INSTRUCTOR. Dave feels a competent club fitter must understand the dynamics of the golf swing, and a good instructor must have a working knowledge of the equipment used. Dave has the combination of almost forty years of knowledge, the finest components available, and uses up-to-date technology such as the Flight Scope launch monitor to improve your golf experience.
Hilly Lie Formula “Don’t let the Hills Lie to you”
"Go ahead and aim straight at target, as the ball goes straight where you are aiming from any hilly lie"
- The Hilly Lie Formula: Balance plus ball position = equals straight shot
- Balance Pt/Go with the flow of the water , find the balance point by feeling which way the water would flow due to gravity… So literally “Don’t let the Hills LIE to you,” meaning, especially on a modern golf course, what you see is not always what the hill is doing, for various design and other reasons. So with this in mind plumb bob your body TO FEEL with your feet which way the hill is sloping. Even close your eyes while doing this will enhance the effect. Since this illusion is a possibility on every shot, I personally try to check the hills with my feet on every shot, from putts to chips to pitches to bunkers to penalty areas to full swings...
- Find the ball position: Once you have the balance point take little practice swings, and watch where club sweeps the ground. Note; watch carefully where club first hits grass because the tendency is to think the ball position is where the club leaves the grass…
- Club Face: So set club face up to new ball position aiming club face directly at the target, then grab/grip the club
- Key Thought: During swing, focus on one key thought BALANCE POINT, identified in #2 above
- Analysis: Generally speaking, ff you fail to hit it straight or reasonably straight, it's only due to balance, and/or ball position, and/or you did not adjust club face (see #4 above...
So “Don’t let Hills Lie to you”, ever again..........
-Club repair and Club Making Specialist Dave Schimandle (And one of our Teachers), has a full set assessment special, ask him about it. 805 598-9993
-Clinics and Supervised practice with our Academy Assistant Instructor Rory Doll 805 748 4094 : 4-12 per group monthly charge for lots of help, great for intermediate to advanced. New for Rory, he is now our Junior Golf Club director. Great benefits are awaiting are juniors if they want some instruction, practice, and play at Monarch Dunes.
-Clinics for Juniors: with our The First Tee Certified Coach Avrit (also known as “Professor Avrit”, because he is a Professor at Cal Poly. too,) 805 801-2828
-Beginner to intermediate Group Clinics available
$160 for 3 half hour private lessons call or text, Jim DeLaby, PGA Director Of Instruction, 805 478-5723 or email@example.com